CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

24 January 2011

Time lines - whats that?!

A little while ago, when my niece started college I thought I would make her a Recipe Book, where she could record some of her best recipes together, especially, as she was moving away from "Mom's cooking" for the first time. Now, nobody ever told me I was a fast worker and this is especially true for this project. My niece, in question, went off to college last September and it is only today I completed the Recipe Book. I have never done anything like this before and I think that is what delayed me. I had an idea in my head but I always find it hard to get it completed.

Here are a few photos and descriptions of what I did.




This is the cover of the Recipe Book. I had hoped to get screw type hinges but could not find them anywhere so had to use rings. I still put a "binding" edge to the book in case in the future I do come across these hinges. (I know very technical descriptions. lol.)



Most of the pages in the sections are blank so she can write in her own recipes or she can print recipes and just stick them in.

I have divided the book into 3 parts, Breakfasts & Starters, Main courses and Desert & Snacks. I used designer paper as separators and each separator has its own index page. I also "inked" the edges of each page in a different colour just to differentiate the sections more. I used Tim Holtz inks for this.




I have started her off with some different recipes that I hear students like, easy but filling recipes - just like an adult to put that in :lol:



I used Graphic 45 - “Domestic Goddess” as the designer paper. The tabs are cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 4 and then folded in half.




The paper I used for the “binding” I also used for the back cover.

The pictures are not all that clear but I hope you get the idea.

The next thing I must do is to post it to her.

Hope you like,

3 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Vicky, can I put my order in now?! Pretty pleeeeze.....fantastic job!

Petra said...

Wow Vicky! this is great! love how it's all so coordinated. Really beautiful job.

Enfys said...

This is great Vicky. Love the vintage look. Super project. You asked what cardstock I used for the pop up matchbox? It was just regular bazzill cardstock, weighty enough to seem substantial, but not too thick to fold crisply. Hope this helps,
Enjoy your weekend,
hugs
Enfys

Post a Comment