CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

10 May 2012

A card for a man in my life!

Morning all,

Today is my Fathers Birthday, "my old Dad", as he says himself.
One morning last year, the Queen was announcing the OBE's (Order of the British Empire) for the year when Dad announces, " I have an OBE" he clarified that by saying "Over Bloody Eighty!" :)

**********************

This is the card I sent him for this year.


The panel on the left, is actually masking tape adhered to card, then inked up with different colour distressed inks. Once the ink was dried, I misted it with some Smooch Spritz just to give it a bit of a sheen. I really cased the idea for here but I did change the dimensions, I used a square Kraft card and just cut the front panel to suit me.

I mounted the inked panel onto cream card than on the front of the card. I die cut out two shapes in cream coloured card, I used the second shape, for the sentiment in the inside. D.A.D. is computer generated, I cut out the letters and coloured them with promarkers than mounted it onto the front of the card. I cut out a larger shape in dark blue and backed it on to the front panel.

I mounted designer paper, from a Papermania pack (I have it so long, I don't have the name of the pack), onto cream card and then onto the Kraft card. I stamped the sentiment onto the second cream die cut shape and mounted it onto the DP hiding it behind the large blue die cut shape.


Recipe:
Designer paper: Papermania.
Die Cut Paper: core'dinations - Super assortment.
Die Cut: Spellbinders Nestabilities - Labels 4
Distressed Inks: Ranger - spiced marmalade, rusty hinge, antique linen.
Sentiments: DAD computer generated, Happy Birthday - Papermania Sentiment.

Entering into:
Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog - Challenge #54 Dad Daddy Papa

4 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Really lovely card, great how you worked out the sentiment. Thank you for playing at Aud Sentiments.

Hugs Ali x

Petra said...

Stunning card Vicky, I really love the way the sentiment inside matches the one of the outside. Real MANLY colours too :)

Faye said...

Oooh Vicky, what a fabulously masculine card. Gotta love that stripey paper too. xx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

You have made a lovely card here. Thank you for taking part in the Aud Sentiments Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Aud Sentiments Design Team Member) xxx

Post a Comment