CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

25 September 2012

More to show

Must say, my post titles are so unimaginative, they are ridiculious.

Life has gotten back to routine after the summer holidays. Sonny has settled very well into his new school. Hubby is working away, night and day. Day in his daytime job and night (well evening time) making his timber creations. He has decided to show his work at a craft show in Dublin (Ire) in December, so he has a lot to do for that, not just making his usual products but making new products. He also has to source gift boxes and packaging for some of his products. He is also creating a new brand for himself so he has all that to deal with. It is an interesting transition moving from hobby to semi-professional. I have also started a part-time weekend job, so it is all going on here in, Tigh O Connor.

Between all that, I still gotten some time to visit other blogs and take part in a swap or two and also sent out some secret cards.

Here is just a sample of what I have been up to.

 
I took part in a tea swap hosted on PCP, the theme of this swap was ATCs, we had to include two ATCs in this swap along with some tea.
The background is a freebie from a magazine, as are the papers I used on the left ATC. I stuck the backing paper onto a card blank and then edged the bottom of the card using Martha Stewart edging punch. I make a little pocket on the front of the card using acetate to hold the ATCs I used ribbon to edge this and little flower brads to decorate the corners. The middle flower is made from 3 paper prima flowers held together using another flower brad, this is then stuck onto the front of the card to separate the ATCs.

The ATC on the left as I explained is made from some freebies from a magazine. The green glittery band in the middle is made by shaking and pressing glitter onto double sided tape. The sentiment comes from a stamp set called "Coffee Cafe" from TPC Studio.

The second ATC was made, altogether, differently. 
I dabbed some distressed inks on a mat and while they were wet I "smooched" the ATC in the ink. I know, a very technical explanation! Are there technical words for this technique? lol
I then sprayed some Smooch Spritz on to the ATC.
When it was dry, I heat embossed the flower image using gold embossing powder. I added a spry of flowers and attached a ribbon with two butterfly heart buttons just to finish it off.

I attached the tea samples to the inside of the card.

Recipe:
Backing papers: Freebies from Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine
Inks: Rangers Distressed Inks - Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint
Splitz: Smooch Spritz - Sun Sugar
Ribbon: Stash and local haberdashery
Stamps: TPC - Coffee Craft, and Docrafts - Victoria and Albert Museum clear stamps collection Potpourri
Embellishments: Stash.


Hope you like,


2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Sounds like you have it all happening at your little homestead, Vicky! Scrummy creation and I really like the colours....almost makes me wish I still drank tea...hahaa!
You should post some of your hubster's creations....I love hand-crafted woodwork....wish I could go to that craft fair!

Cole Meyer said...

Wonderfully done, Vicky! Oh, and tell hubby "good luck" with his woodworking at the craft fair.

Post a Comment