CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

04 October 2012

"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”*

October has arrived with it's new colours and smells, colours of green, gold and orange of the leaves, and the smells of home fires burning and wet rotting foliage.

Hubby and I went on a trip last Monday, not too far just a few hours away and it really brought home that the land is preparing for winter. The trees were every colour, from deep deep green of the evergreen hedges to the pale yellow of dieing foliage on the trees. I was mesmerised by all this because as we live by the sea we don't have large clusters of trees to view the different colours. So it was lovely to see.

Mind you it also reminded us that winter is bearing down on us and is time to light fires and turn on the heating. It is time of shortening days and longer nights. It is not time to bring out the winter clothes or put away the summer ones, as the weather over summer was so wet and cold at times that we were wearing both sets over the last few months.

With summer over and school back, Tiny and I have now gone back to walking the beach in the mornings again. Tiny loves it, he jumps out of the car and does not stop running until we are back in the car again, then he sleeps all day. lol

My sister contacted me a few weeks ago to ask me if I would make a wedding card for her to give to her DIL brother who was getting married soon. I had no problem with it, I asked when did she want it - "no rush", was her answer, "it's not for a few weeks yet". She rang me back a few days later, to enquire about the card, "the wedding is in Spain and they are flying out next Tuesday, so will need the card by Monday". No problem I will have it in the post by Friday to you, (we don't have post on Sat here). "Grand" she says. A few minutes later she rang back, - now I should say that this is late Wednesday afternoon, and I had work later in the evening. "I won't be here on Monday or Tuesday so I need the card by Friday" So the card that I had to make went from "no rush" to a few hours! That means I only had Thursday morning to make the card as the post here goes about 2.15pm for next day delivery. No pressure!

This is what I came up with:

Quick and simple. I had the cream and gold paper for ages, in fact I had forgotten about it. I just attached it to the front of the card.  The little diamante heart is something else I had for a long time. The ribbon was in my ribbon box so I had everything for a quick card. It took me some time to get the name and date printed out on the card where I wanted it and in the colour and font size. It was all done and dusted in a few hours. But then I decided to do the inside of the card.
I know the groom and I knew they would have a great fun wedding so this is what I did in the inside.
 
 
In fact this is what I wanted to do for the front of the card, but due to time constraints I wanted to have something that would have been "good to go" in time but I had some time to spare so I continued with the inside and if I did run out of time, then the inside could have just stayed plain.
The image is a Kenny K digi image. I printed it off and coloured with proMarkers. The sentiment is also computer generated. The backing layer was cut out using an X-cut die cut.

Recipe:
Front -
Designer Paper: Mulbery Tissue Paper (I think) I have it so long I have forgotten exactly what it is.
Ribbon: Stash
Embellishment: Diamante Heart Buckle from Cara Craft Supplies
Greeting: Computer generated.

Inside -
Backing paper: Core'dinations  
Die cut: X-cut nesting die set.
Image: Kenny K "Wedding Dance" 
Colouring Medium: ProMarkers

Hope you like,

*Post title is a quote from L.M. Montgomery.

3 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

And Daragh and I will be very happy together....hahaaa! I love that mulberry paper on the front....the gold makes it look so classy....and the little buckle is so pretty.
I'm not a huge fan of Kenny K images, but can see the fun in this one....you did well, my friend!

Faye said...

These are both gorgeous. I really like the first card, soooo elegant. X

Petra said...

Tee hee! that image made me giggle :) beautiful choice of papers on this one too!

Post a Comment