CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

14 March 2012

A little Rant....

Spring has arrived here. After many months of having to dry clothes on clotheshorses by the radiator we can now hang them outside to dry. There is such a difference; between drying clothes by the radiators and drying them outside, there is such a fresh outdoors smell from them plus they seem so much softer while clothes dried inside are hard and smell.... well weird!

Now here is the rant; we live in the country, in hill sheep country. And this time of the year when the weather warms (a little) and there has being a few days of dry weather, out come the farmers and start burning the gorse on the hills and mountains. That in itself is okay- they are allowed BUT I have clothes on the clothes line and now they stink of smoke instead of nice fresh breeze dried freshness.This is 2 days in a row it has happened. :(  IT ANNOYS ME. Rant over.

***************

I have being tiding out my photo files and I have come across this card I made for my Grand-niece on her Christening day.



All the backing papers are from Pink Petticoat in pink. The image is from StitchyBear Design, it is lovely set for Christenings and such. Even though it is called Baby Girl, it could be used on boy baby cards also.  The only embellishment I used with this image, is some glue gel just to highlight the folds of the dress.  I used 2 of the fancy tags set when layering the sentiments. The sentiments themselves are computer generated. I cut out the main image and layering's with Nestibilities Labels 4. The panel on the left of the card is punched with a Martha Stewart punch. Behind it and around the second layer on the image,  I put a satin grey ribbon just for a bit of contrast.

Recipe:
Backing papers: Pink Petticoat.
Image: StitichyBear Digital Stamps.
Die Cuts: Nestibilitie Label 4, and Fancy Tags.
Ribbon: Local Haberdashery Store.
Gems: Papermania Adhesive Gem.
Punch: Martha Stewart - Scollop Dot.

Hope you like,

3 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Vicky, this is precious....what a simply beautiful keepsake for a baby! The papers are just perfect, and the border punch, and ribbon, add that touch of softness....and that's a gorgeous christening dress!

Anne-Marie said...

Oh, forgot to rant.....we live opposite a farmer's field, and have another at the back of us....I'm convinced they have spies who watch to see when I'm hanging out the wash....then they spread manure! I have to whip all my stuff off the line....but leave hubbys cos he can't tell the difference...haaaa!

Birdie said...

Lovely card Vicky! Guess I can understand frustration with laundry but must admit Copperknob's is more disgusting ;)

Post a Comment