CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

09 March 2012

Second Commissioned Card.

Well, I did such a great job on my first commissioned card that I got a second, yeah, blowing my own trumpet here, will stop now. :0

It is a card for my neighbour whose son is having a birthday soon. She asked me on Tuesday but I had other things on so I did not get it started until yesterday and she needed it today! It was not a difficult ask but when I got down to designing it and getting an image suitable for it I ran into major trouble.  Could not find an image of a man using some dumbbells or some such thing for the life of me. Spend the day going through all the digital stamp sites I could think of or on google.  In the end I asked some really intelligent people, the wonderful ladies on Paper Craft Planet and they were great.

This is the front of the card, the image I eventually found is from Bonibleaux Designs, I coloured it in using ProMarkers, think I should have given him a redder face but was afraid I would over do it. I used those particular colours as they are our county colours and also the colours of the county in which he now lives.
The little ancorette and brad was a gift from an online friend last year, they are so cute and come in a variety of different colours. They come from Queen&Co a supplier of some really cute stuff.

And the inside.....
Don't think the recipient would be very impressed if I just had a puny image for him. lol This image is a google download.

I am much more comfortable using simple layouts, in future if I do a layer card like this I would mount the main image with sticky foam pads, its a little mountain and valley-ee around the layered blocks.

Recipe:
Plain Backing Paper: DCWV Cardstock.
Backing Designed Paper: DCWV The Blossoms Butterflies Stack.
Image (front): Bonibleaux Designs - weightlifter Wayne.
Image (inside): Google download.
Sentiments: Computer generated. 
Brads: Mini Sprinkles and Anchorettes - Queen & Co

Hope you like,



1 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Well, I can see why you got a second commission, Vicky....great job! I really like that you used colours that were meaningful....much more personal...love it!
Thank you for all the lovely comments you leave for me....they always make me smile. :D

Post a Comment